1. Usage of the storage facility is always at risk of the user. Title 9 of Book 7 of the Dutch Civil Law concerning ‘custody’ (bewaarneming) is not applicable for the agreement between Lock and the user of the baggage storage.
2. The prices for usage of the storage are fixed on €5,- , €8,- and €10,- per item, depending on the size of the item. Items including content, should not have a total value above €500,. Lock cannot not be held responsible for damage or missing items with a higher value than €500,-.
3. Lock is justified to check the content of the items. Lock can refuse items that are too valuable, too big or have possible dangerous content. The user safeguards Lock of damage which is caused by (the content of) the items put in storage.
4. Per item Lock will provide 1 receipt. Return of the items will only take place after handing over the receipt to an employee of Lock. The same rules apply for temporary return of the items.
5. In case of a lost ticket Lock will need a matching ID that has been used when the item was stored. In case of a lost ticket and no ID Lock cannot be held responsible for the consequences and will take time after closing hours or at a suitable time to find the item.
6. Stored luggage that is not picked up will be kept for one month before it will be destroyed.
7. Lock will take good care of the stored items, but cannot be held responsible for any damage that can occur.
8. With exception of damages caused on purpose or by serious negligence of Lock, Lock cannot be held responsible for damages to the stored item. Responsibility for consequential damages is excluded. The liability of Lock is limited to €500,- per item (including content) at any time.